Saturday, December 4, 2010

It Doesn't Make Sense!

"It doesn't make sense!"

These famous last words haunt skeptics and excite believers! The human mind cannot contain God, nor can we understand why He does what He does. We were given the option to know Him, not understand Him. He cannot be confined to a book, restricted by our theology, or held at arm’s length from people. No matter how advanced we believe our understanding is of God, He seems to take pleasure in leaving us speechless by appearing outside of the box we thought we had Him trapped in.

There would be nights that I would wait on the Lord. His response would often come in gold dust. As I would retract my hands, I would see gold sparkling across them. I, then, would begin to cry and wonder, “Why is God mindful of me?” Then I begin to ask, “Why gold dust? It doesn’t make sense!” As if God was worried about being too materialistic by giving gold. Mark it as a sign and a wonder to show His tangible love.

There have been three times my wife and I have seen the Lord supernaturally put arches in flat feet. In one meeting where this happened, one lady had cancer. She wasn’t healed of the cancer but she wasn’t resentful that her friend received a healthy set of supernatural arches in her feet. She rejoiced with her friend! Our response to God, why He does what He does, and His timing should never be in anger. He isn’t second guessing what He does or who He is, even if we react bitterly towards Him.

Why does He shower people with gold dust? Why did He put arches in our friend’s feet in a meeting where someone else had cancer? Nobody can say why. It doesn’t make sense… to us! There’s no formula to God. He is moved by faith, hope, and love because He is faith, hope, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment